Monday, January 8, 2024

Call to violence if convicted

 Trump is running a “political ad” that I believe is it fact a call out to his rabid Evangelical Christian base to violence if he is convicted and punished in one or all of his four (soon to be five) trials. The ad itself is horrific and is called “God Made Trump”. Now, I know preachers have been preaching this to their flocks for years, but the outright preposterous lies and nearly biblical imagery in the ad are literally god-awful. 

I don’t think Trump is appealing to Evangelical voters to vote for him, they already belong to him, I believe he is using them as a threat against the prosecutors, judges, witnesses, and juries in his trials. The message is if you convict me you are a godless sinner violating the plan of God - and my slavish cult will come after you.  Death threats are already common weapons being used at his urgings.

He is desperate because he knows that he is losing his fortune, his fame, and his freedom. Threats and violence are all that he knows. 

He keeps finding ways to crawl lower and lower.  And we are splattered with his slime and his stench.

I deeply hope that this is repulsive to actual conservative Republicans and they continue to turn away from this dangerous mentally ill child.