- The Russians hacked into the Hillary campaign and dumped emails into the media to damage her candidacy, while they did nothing of the sort to Trump
- Trump cared about only one thing at the Republican Convention during the forming of the platform, and that was to delete any mention of condemnation of Russia's take-over of Crimea and Ukaraine
- After the election and before the inauguration the CIA, FBI, and NSA all concluded that Russia interfered in the election with the goal of electing Trump
- President Trump pressured FBI director Comey, Director of National Intelligence, Dan Coats, and Mike Rogers, Director of the National Security Agency to call off investigations into Russian collusion with the Trump campaign
- Top Trump campaign people are known to have Russian connections - from Michael Flynn and Jeff Sessions to Ashton Carter, Roger Stone, and now Jared Kushner
So, what is the entire point of Putin putting Trump into office? What does Putin want from Trump? I think he just got it. Trump refused to affirm America's support of Article 5 of NATO which says an attack on any member of NATO is an attack on all of us. Germany has said that it is becoming clear that Europe was going to have to stop relying on America.
Perhaps Putin's prime goal is to keep NATO from opposing Putin's takeover of the Baltic states. Looks like Mr Trump is in agreement with Mr Putin.
And then, of course, there is just the general Putin strategy around the world to discredit and weaken all democracies as his way of lifting Russia back into international power status. How could he have done that more effectively than by putting an ignorant child into the White House.
Why is Trump letting Putin tell him what to do? Possible reasons - Trump owes Putin and his oligarchs billions of dollars - Putin has humiliating and/or incriminating evidence he can release against Trump - or Trump is just Putin's chump.
Not good for America or the world. I believe.