Saturday, February 26, 2022

"I need ammunition, not a ride" - Zelensky

 Looks like Ukraine is going to give Putin as much trouble as they possibly can.  
 
"President Volodymyr Zelenskyy turned down an American offer early Saturday to be evacuated from the capital city, Kyiv, which is under attack by Russia."
 
“I am here. We are not putting down arms. We will be defending our country, because our weapon is truth, and our truth is that this is our land, our country, our children, and we will defend all of this,” he said, according to a translation by CNN.
“That is it. That’s all I wanted to tell you. Glory to Ukraine,” he added."
 
Earlier he had said "This may be the last time you see me alive"
 
Russia has overwhelming force, of course.  But do the young Russian soldiers share the 70 year old Putin's obsession to forcibly re-establish the Soviet empire's borders?  Why would they care?  Why would they want to kill Ukrainians?  
 
Let this be Putin's fatal mistake.  I hope and pray that Ukrainian Spirit thwarts the autocrat's greed.  I hope and pray that Russian youth depose the tyrant.  I hope and pray that the opposition leader, Navalny, is freed and purges the massive corruption and tyranny of Putin and the Russian olilgarchy.
 
Probably just a wild fantasy, but ...