Thursday, March 5, 2020

The 15% solution

How did Biden suddenly become the front runner?  The 15% solution. 


It was explained to me that in the California Primary Tuesday, the only candidates who would get delegates were those who scored at least 15% of the vote.  So, I looked at the CA polls and saw that the most likely candidate to get to 15% - the only one who was not Sanders, who I am convinced has no chance of beating Trump - was Biden.  I regret that Klobachar and Buttigieg had no chance of getting 15% because I would have voted for either of them instead.  I also didn't think the Bloomberg would get to the 15% even though I think he would be an excellent president. 


So, the only person that I could vote for as a vote for moderate liberalism, and as a vote against Sanders, was Joe Biden.


So, I did.


I think the entire Democratic Party in the rest of the Super Tuesday states did essentially the same thing - they saw Biden as the only way to stop Sanders, and thus the only way to oust Trump.


Let the Force be with him.....