Thursday, September 27, 2018

The Kangaroo court rushes to prejudgment

The Kangaroo court is over. The preordained verdict will be carried out. Kavanaugh will be put onto the Supreme Court. There will be no examination of other witnesses by the FBI or the committee. This is not a surprise. I will be shocked if the committee doesn’t vote in favor of Kavanaugh. 

I believe Dr Ford. I do not believe Judge Kavanaugh. The quiet and fearful Dr Ford was believable to me. The pugnacious, petulant, and resentful Kavanaugh was startling, and troubling to me. My conservative friends probably feel his outbursts were understandable and warranted. Not I. 

Here is my biggest question. Does anyone think that Judge Kavanaugh can possibly judge impartially in cases before him where Democrats line up on one side and Republicans are on the other? I think he has long been much more of a conservative operative than a judge, but after his venomous attack on the Democrats who he accused of trying to destroy him, who can believe he could be other than revengeful? 

I certainly did not see anything that I would call judicial temperament.